Sunday, March 6, 2011

A hero, that's what I am

Ding..... Dong....."Paging Doctor Martinez, you are needed in the emergency room now. "

Saving lives, bringing hope, that is what I want to be when the time comes. I am an ordinary boy with extraordinary personality. Sometimes, I call myself a superhuman. Superhuman in a way that I never give up and I never let failures take over my existence.

I dream to be a life saver someday, I may not have super powers, but i have the will power.
It is not an easy task but i will have it anyway. On call duties, paging here and there, It requires a lot of energy and takes most of your time, not to mention aging because of stress.

It has been my childhood dream to become a doctor, I wanted ti imitate my relatives who engaged themselves in the field of medicine. They say it is the most honorable job a man can have. I want to be one who does not think of the money alone, but the joy of people when they get cures and they have this raging hope flowing into their veins. I want to be one who does not think of himself alone but one who makes others know that there is always hope.

Putting my name in a pedestal, well that's at the bottom of my list. I want to be remembered not because I would be famous, but remembered because in one way or another i have been of help to people. I want to be remembered with honor.

I am not a super hero, but i am a hero. I am a great dreamer too. Remember, a song says "Even heroes have the right to dream."

1 comment: